Sunday, February 27, 2011

My new favorite chicken recipe!

This is another recipe I tried from the I Can't Believe It's Not Fattening book. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it is now my new favorite for chicken! The recipe called for goat cheese, which I was going to use, but when I went to use it I realized it was 3 weeks expired when I bought it!(glad you're on top of things, Walmart) I ended up using tomato basil feta by Atheno's instead, and don't think I will change a thing!




The recipe said to use an oven safe nonstick skillet, which I don't have. I ended up browning them in the skillet and then transferring to a baking dish, and it worked just fine.I did bake them for quite a bit longer than the 5-9 minutes it said it should take, but my chicken breasts were a little larger.

4(4 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil spray
1/2 cup canned, drained fire roasted tomatoes
2 ounces goat cheese(I used the tomato basil feta I mentioned earlier)
Fresh basil for garnish, if desired

Preheat oven to 350. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place medium oven safe nonstick skillet over high heat, mist with spray when hot, add chicken. Cook chicken just until outsides are golden brown, 1-2 minutes per side. Remove pan from heat and top each piece of chicken with 2 tablespoons of the tomatoes, followed by about 1/2 ounce of cheese. Transfer skillet to oven and bake chicken until it is no longer pink inside and cheese is melted, about 5-9 minutes. Top with basil, serve immediately.

*The nutritional info in the book says that these chicken breasts only have 171 calories each!

Source: I Can't Believe It's Not Fattening

No comments:

Post a Comment