Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Freakin' Fantastic Apple Dumplings

I saw this recipe on Tasty Kitchen. I was hesitant for two reasons...

1. It is absolutely loaded with butter and sugar
2. It uses Mountain Dew for a sauce

It had raving reviews, so I decided to give it a go. Oh. My. God. These are so delicious! I packaged most of the pan up to give to friends, just to avoid eating too many of them. They truly are awful for you(but oh so worth it).





Easy Apple Dumplings
2 whole Granny Smith Apples, Cored And Peeled
2 cans Refrigerator Crescent Rolls
2 sticks Butter
1 1/2 cup White Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 can Mountain Dew
Ground Cinnamon

Cut apples into 8 slices each.

Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan.

Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir.

Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples.

Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if you could substitute Splenda and Diet Dew? These really sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete