Saturday, September 25, 2010

Colorful Veggie Bake

I was looking for some new ways to cook veggies, so I tried this casserole. I think it is great as a side dish and would work with almost any meal. I doubled the cracker topping because it's my favorite part.



Colorful Veggie Bake

2 (16 ounce) packages frozen California blend vegetables, thawed
8 ounces process cheese (eg. Velveeta), cubed
6 tablespoons butter, divided
1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers


1.Prepare vegetables according to package directions; drain. Place half in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish. In a small saucepan, combine cheese and 4 tablespoons butter; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Pour half over vegetables. Repeat layers.
2.Melt the remaining butter; toss with cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the broccoli dish I used to make like that. Very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's where I am remembering it from! While I was eating it I kept thinking I had tasted something very similar before.

    ReplyDelete