Saturday, May 5, 2012

Starting Solids

Emmett's pediatrician was really urging us to start solids because she felt it would help his reflux, and also said he showed a lot of signs of being ready. We tried oatmeal at first, but he wasn't a fan. We then moved on to sweet potatoes which he really liked, although someone should have warned me that it can come out looking like sweet potatoes too. I examined his poop for a good couple minutes, making sure it wasn't blood mixed with stool. 
Green beans were a big fail and he flung the spoon at me the first time I fed him those! Right now his current favorite would be peas(yuck!). We are sticking to organic food because it is less likely to cause eczema flare ups from additives, and I just like the idea of giving him the best nutrition I can. I'm contemplating making the purees myself, but haven't decided if I have the time with work, school, house, baby, etc. We only try 1 new food per week so we can watch his skin very closely for any eczema reactions. 


 My silly boy loves playing with his feet during meal time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment