Monday, March 14, 2011

Baked Zucchini Sticks

These are so good! I remember my Granny making fried zucchini and I loved it. This is a healthier baked version that is pretty amazing. This is one of the many recipes I have bookmarked from the Skinny Taste blog. I am looking forward to trying many more!



Baked Zucchini Sticks
3 medium zucchini sliced into 3" x 1/2" sticks
1 large egg white
1/3 cup seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs(I used Italian because I couldn't find whole wheat)
2 tbsp grated Romano cheese
cooking spray
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt
pepper

In a small bowl, beat egg whites and season with salt and pepper. In a ziplock bag, place breadcrumbs, garlic powder and cheese and shake well. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.

Dip zucchini sticks into eggs then into bread crumb and cheese mixture, a few at a time and shake to coat. Place the breaded zucchini in a single layer and spray more cooking spray on top. Bake at 425° for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.

Source: Skinny Taste - If you follow this link there is also a marinara sauce you can make for dipping. I chose to just dip them in light ranch.

1 comment:

  1. a much quicker way to make them...it used to take so long to fry each one of those slices that were dripping in lard...LOL

    ReplyDelete