Monday, April 1, 2013

Just another day at Great Grandma's house!

Since leaving my job, Emmett and I have been going down to Justin's grandma's house every Monday-Friday. She is 92 and needs someone to stay with her while her daughter is at work. It's an added bonus that Emmett gets to see so much of his Great Grandma and that she is getting to watch him grow. I never had any great grandparents, so it's pretty special to me that he does. He has a small stash of toys there, but sometimes we have to get creative to keep ourselves entertained.

Today I took his do-a-dot markers that he got in his Easter basket. He didn't quite get the point, but we will try again later!



He also keeps busy with the iPad(thank goodness for the Otterbox case!). He really likes the animals app and has been learning some new animals each week.


His favorite thing to do at Great Grandma's house is to go through my purse. Today he found my sunglasses and we took turns wearing them and making funny faces. He really liked wearing them, which surprised me because he wouldn't keep sunglasses on last year. I guess he's getting his own pair for the summer!




The only really eventful thing to happen today was at home after his evening bath. He was running full speed(he does that a lot lately) and apparently wasn't watching where he was going. He ran head first right in to the wooden post in the living room. It instantly turned black and blue and started to swell. He ended up with a bump at least half the size of a golf ball. We monitored him for a couple hours and he appears to be fine. It was scary though because he has never hit his head like that before. It sounded so awful when it happened and looked even worse. It was looking better before bed though.


My poor buddy! Hopefully it looks even better by morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment