Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili

This was delicious! I added a spoonful of sour cream and sprinkled some cheese on top. Justin isn't a big bean fan, so I may cut back on the beans next time. He chowed it regardless and I thought it was great as is. I used a can of reduced sodium black beans, and also used reduced sodium taco seasoning. I did not add any additional chilies like recipe calls for.



1 onion, chopped
1 16-oz can black beans
1 16-oz can kidney beans
1 8-oz can tomato sauce
10 oz package frozen corn kernels
2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
1 packet taco seasoning
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
24 0z. (3) boneless skinless chicken breasts
chili peppers, chopped (optional)
chopped fresh cilantro

Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro

1 comment:

  1. This looks yummy- and the fact its a crockpot recipe wins my heart over lol!

    ReplyDelete