Monday, November 15, 2010

Getting Healthy & Couch-to-5K

I have recently gone on a health kick. I kicked my caffeine addiction and have limited my pop intake. I have been drinking mostly water and am already feeling better from that alone(less bloated, less indigestion). I have been losing some weight lately by just watching what I eat, but I know I need to start exercising again. With winter coming I know I am not going to want to be taking longs walks outside, and I just can't see myself finding the time for a gym membership right now. I have decided to try the couch-to-5K program. It looks pretty simple and it is something I can easily do on my treadmill at home. This link explains the program. I think on the days I am not doing the 5K program, I will try to do just a normal 3 mile walk on the treadmill. I have decided to set a goal for myself to be able to run a 5K by August 2011. I think I would really like to run in the local Melon Run, which takes place during the Howell Melon Festival. Ideally, I would also like to lose 75 lbs by then. I am in a friends wedding at the end of August, and I really want to look awesome. :)

I think I will do a weekly check in post on Mondays to track my progress with weight loss and running.

1 comment:

  1. Who are you and what have you done with my daughter??? Doesn't sound like you...LOL Great! I think you have another wedding to be in also that you want to look awesome for... Your brother would love to help you at the gym...he's a pretty tough coach! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete